Writing a blog post is not just about slapping up some content and crossing your fingers. It is about strategy, implementation and execution. There is a reason why some blogs are so much more successful than other blogs.
The folks at DivvyHQ recently put together this helpful infographic piece showcasing all the major steps each blog owner or writer should be taking when constructing new blog posts.
Here is a quick break down of the info below:
- Always use keywords in your post
- Use syndication to further spread the word
- Keep your URLs short and sweet
- Custom craft status updates
- Use other sites to your advantage
- Social bookmarking still works
- Leave comments on other blogs
- Use Twitter
- Add it to your email signature
- Stick them in your newsletter
- Ask other bloggers to mention